2013 Shopper’s Voice Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. SWEEPSTAKES IS FOR PLAY ONLY IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND WASHINGTON, D.C. IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED WITHIN THE UNITED STATES (AS DEFINED HEREIN), YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER.
- Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes Period begins January 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM (ET) and ends on December 31, 2013 at 12:00 PM (ET).
- Consumer Disclosure: You have not yet won. Many may enter, few will win.
- Sponsor: ICOM Information & Communications L.P. a/k/a Shopper’s Voice, 41 Metropolitan Road, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M1R 2T5.
- How to Enter: One entry per person, per household, per email address. You may enter online by accessing www.shoppersvoice.com/usa to participate in the Shopper’s Voice online survey. Type your name, street address and email address, click on the Official Rules link, read them and click “I Agree” to accepting the Official Rules, click Next, and answer at least one (1) survey question in order to be entered into the Sweepstakes. Online entry for the grand prize must be received by Sponsor’s designated computer between 12:00 PM (ET) January 4, 2013 and 11:59 AM (ET) December 31, 2013 to be eligible. Online entry for the monthly draw for an Apple iPad mini must be received in the following periods:
Entry Period Entry Period Dates
12: 00 PM (ET) January 4, 2013 – 11:59 PM (ET) January 31, 2013
12: 00 AM (ET) February 1, 2013 – 11:59 PM (ET) February 28, 2013
12: 00 AM (ET) March 1, 2013 – 11:59 PM (ET) March 31, 2013
12: 00 AM (ET) April 1, 2013 – 11:59 PM (ET) April 30, 2013
12: 00 AM (ET) May 1, 2013 – 11:59 PM (ET) May 31, 2013
12: 00 AM (ET) June 1, 2013 – 11:59 PM (ET) June 30, 2013
12: 00 AM (ET) July 1, 2013 – 11:59 PM (ET) July 31, 2013
12: 00 AM (ET) August 1, 2013 – 11:59 PM (ET) August 31, 2013
12: 00 AM (ET) September 1, 2013 – 11:59 PM (ET) September 30, 2013
12: 00 AM (ET) October 1, 2013 – 11:59 PM (ET) October 31, 2013
12: 00 AM (ET) November 1, 2013 – 11:59 PM (ET) November 30, 2013
12: 00 AM (ET) December 1, 2013 – 11:59 AM (ET) December 31, 2013
- Prizes / Odds / Prize Restrictions: One (1) grand prize winner will receive $15,000.00. Twelve (12) second prize winners will each receive an Apple iPad mini 16 GB (valued at $329.00 as of Nov. 5, 2012). Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. All prizes will be awarded by check or product delivered via mail or courier within 30 days of Sponsor’s receipt of Required Documents listed in Rule 6 and determination that the potential winner is eligible and in compliance with these Official Rules. Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as-is. Limit one prize per entrant.
- Winner Selection: Answers to the survey have no effect on your ability to participate or win. Potential winner of grand prize will be selected by Sponsor at its office in a random drawing from all eligible entries received on or about January 16, 2014. Monthly prize will be selected by Sponsor at its office in a random drawing from all eligible entries in the respective entry period on or about the first business day following the draw period. Decisions of the judges are final. Potential winners will be notified by overnight mail or courier, and will be required to complete and return, within 14 days, an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release (collectively, “Required Documents”). If a) prize notification is returned as undeliverable b) Required Documents are not timely returned, or c) potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, potential winner will forfeit all rights to win and be disqualified, and prize will be awarded to an alternate by random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
- Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C., who are “adults” in their states of residence (i.e., they have reached the minimum age to enter into a binding contract and are no less than 18 years of age) as of the date of entry, except persons who during any portion of the Sweepstakes Period are employees of Sponsor, its parent organization, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or (with the exception of US Postal Service employees) distribution of Sweepstakes materials, and agents/representatives thereof, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, grandparents, children and siblings and their spouses) and persons living in the same households of such individuals, whether related or not.
- Disclaimer: By participating you agree that Released Parties are not responsible for: a) any printing, human or other error in the offer, promotion or administration of this Sweepstakes; b) theft, destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of survey or Sweepstakes entry materials; c) technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone/communications failures of any kind, lost, unavailable or congested network, Internet or website connections, or failed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, garbled, or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by sender, a third party, or by any of the equipment or programming associated or utilized with the Sweepstakes, which may limit the ability to enter, participate in or administer this Sweepstakes; d) late, lost, misdirected, damaged, or mutilated mail; e) injury or damage of any kind to any person’s computer arising out of accessing and using any website or the downloading from or printing of any material from a website; or f) unintelligible, illegible or otherwise unclear entries or incomplete entries.
- Dispute Resolution: By participating you agree: a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Buffalo, New York; b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall such damages include attorney’s fees; c) not to seek or be permitted to obtain awards for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses; d) not to claim or accept any damages subject to being multiplied or otherwise increased; and e) all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, and the rights and obligations of Sweepstakes entrants and the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of New York. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Name Removal: Shopper’s Voice maintains a name removal system. If you do not wish Shopper’s Voice to mail further skill contest or sweepstakes materials that are addressed to you, you may send a request that Shopper’s Voice not mail such materials to you. Mail the request to: Shopper’s Voice, c/o Epsilon, 2550 Crescent Drive, Lafayette, CO 80026.
- Winners’ List: For a list of winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Shopper’s Voice 2013 Sweepstakes Winners c/o Epsilon, 2550 Crescent Drive, Lafayette, CO 80026. All requests for lists of winners must be received no later than December 31, 2014 in order for your request to be fulfilled.