As spring gets into full swing, now’s the perfect time to make the most of the outdoor space around your home, from front door to the street and from the back patio to your property line.
Whether your intention is to spruce up your landscape to help sell your home or simply enjoy it all the more here are some time-tested tips to make your garden gorgeous:
- Pruning: Just like spring cleaning is a must inside your home, clipping back overgrown trees and shrubs and removing dead branches can quickly transform your landscape.
- Mulching: Often overlooked, applying a fresh layer of mulch to your garden is easy and inexpensive and does a wonderful job of brightening things up. Plus it helps you water and weed less.
- Washing: We tend to associate landscapes with natural elements, but paved surfaces like walkways and wood patios, as well as fencing and brick siding, are integral. Power-washing these facades will make dreary look new again.
- Color up: Absolutely nothing brings a landscape to life quite like flowers. Choose a floral focal point to add a dramatic splash of color as well as accent points across your garden. Consider the color of your house in deciding what hues to choose for your flowers a house with blue trim or red brick requires different olor combinations.
- Your house: Whether you like it or not, the most dominant element within your landscape isn’t the garden, it’s your house. Dress it up with flower boxes and trees that complement it and show off its best features. Take note of proportions a couple of flowers next to a three-story wall or long walkway are sure to get lost. Instead, create dramatic groupings of flowers and plants.
Did you know: There’s nothing like a plan
Plants, flowers, design proper landscaping isn’t easy. A landscape architect can provide a realistic and esthetically pleasing plan you can implement yourself for a reasonable price. (Source)